Sun last week announced the release of the latest version of the Sun Java Communications Suite (what a mouthful), it’s now version 7!
So what are the key products and features?
- Calendar Server 7, with CalDAV support, enabling interoperability with Mac iCal/iPhone and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Sun Convergence 1 U3, provides an AJAX rich client web experience for all the components.
- Indexing and Search Service 1, provides real time indexing and search of messaging and attachments.
- Instant Messaging 8, supporting standards compliant IM for fixed and mobile users.
- Messaging Server 7 U3, the latest highly scalable, secure and high performing messaging platform.
- Do you have over 1,000 users of communications/collaboration software?
- Is your Communications/Collaboration solution critical to the success of your business?
- What is the total cost of ownership of your current communications/collaboration implementation? Or, how much are you spending per month to keep this solution up and running?
- Are you locked into a single vendor’s proprietary communications solution or do you have choice through open standards?
- Are you worried about your implementation’s susceptibility to viruses, worms, and spam?
What to learn more and see some demos?
Here is the main Sun Java Communications Suite page http://www.sun.com/comms